top of page

The Development Team Play Their Last Game Of The Season

Updated: May 23

For their last game of the season, the Development side travelled away to Hereford Pegasus looking to end their season positively.

The game kicked off and the devs started quickly dominating the possession and looked to take the game to Hereford early on.

After 20 minutes of play, Worcester came away with the first two efforts of goal through Watson who started the game in sharply, looking like a constant threat on the right.

City continued to create chances however Hereford had their first chance on the break after a ball was launched over the top but not finished as the ball was lashed wide by the winger.

After 35 minutes City stepped up the level again now playing quick two-touch football and continuously opening up the opposition every time they tried to play. Minutes later the next huge chance fell to City as Hill was slipped through on goal from a ball from midfield. She struck the ball low and hard to the keeper's right but was saved and pushed just wide.

The development side looked like a threat as they yet again found the ball through to Badland who set Conway who let loose from 25 yards however the shot was just too high to test the keeper. 2 minutes later the same pattern of play happened as the ball was played to Badland on the edge of the box. She turned smoothly around the defender and set the ball on the edge to Conway who struck the ball again forcing the keeper into a save and earning a corner for the devs.

With 5 minutes to go until half-time, the opposition pushed for a goal after City failed to find the opener. The ball was yet again played over the top by the opposition and bought down by the winger however was blocked by Othick. From the corner, the ball was cleared and swept back in and met with a shot hitting the post.

The half ended 0-0 with plenty of chances to take the lead.

The second half began in the same fashion with the Devs looking to enjoy the ball early and continued to look comfortable. Within 1 minute of play the first chance fell to Smith however was smothered by the goalkeeper and cleared for a throw-in.

10 minutes later Bridgwater kept City in the game with a great double save tipping the ball around the post for a corner. The ball was delivered in and met with a volley sending the ball into the far post and making the game 1-0 to Hereford.

City responded continuing to do what they had done so well for the first 55 minutes and within 4 minutes had the levelled through Conway. After some Tidy play down the right-hand side, the ball was squad on the edge of the box to Conway who fired the ball above the keeper into the roof of the net.

After another 10 minutes of possession, the devs side found the lead through Badland after Mayo found herself in the box she set the ball to Hill who whipped in a cross perfectly to the back post and was headed in by Badland to give the devs the lead.

Following the goal, City were continuously denied by the linesman for offside, denying one one-on-one chance for Mayo and Smith.

Hereford replied with another goal from a corner as the ball was cleared however met with a strike into the top corner levelling the game again.

Minutes later Hereford found another goal from a shot outside the box which yet again found the top corner and gave them a 3-2 lead.

The Development team continued to fight and created chances however it was not enough and the game ended in defeat.

102 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page